When you are using the JSHeroes website you entrust us with your data. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain what data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and also to allow you to decide to what extent you disclose your data.
Types of data we collect
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example:
- Email address i.e. when you buy a ticket for the JSHeroes conference
- IP address and general location data (through the website log file), device & browser data (collected through cookies or similar technology)
- IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for an email campaign sent through our email service provider (MailChimp)
Anonymous data may be collected from you in various ways, for example:
- Information on how you were referred to our site via another website, and the links you follow when leaving our site (through Google Analytics)
- Data on our users’ behavior and their devices (in particular device`s IP address (captured and stored only in anonymized form), device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our website). This is done through Hotjar tracking cookies and other technologies. Hotjar stores this information in a pseudonymized user profile.
How we use the data we collect
We use the data we collect for a number of purposes:
- To provide you with the services you signed up for, or requested
- For security purposes, to ensure that our site is safe and secure
- To send email and marketing communications when we have your permission
- To personalize our services i.e. remember your previous session
- For statistical purposes, i.e. website traffic analysis, performance of marketing communications
- To better understand our users’ experience
Cookies are pieces of information that a website places on your device when you visit a website. We do not use advertising cookies, and do not allow third party advertising networks to collect information about the users of our Site. We use several types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – there are essential for the normal functioning of the website i.e. session cookies. These cookies do not track you and cannot be opted out of.
- erformance & Functionality cookies – these remember your preferred language, understand your preferences, enable our Youtube videos and Social Media buttons to function properly. Whithout these the website loses some functionality, but they are optional.
- Analytics cookies – we use 3rd party analytics tools, Google Analytics and Hotjar, to help us analyze how our site is used, through compiled reports. These data are exclusively used by us for website activity and performance analysis. These can also be opted out of.
You can delete or disable cookies through your browser settings. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you disable cookies. Click below for instructions:
To opt-out of Hotjar tracking cookies follow this opt-out link.
We use email tracking pixels in MailChimp campaigns, these data are organized in reports that are solely used to monitor how an email campaign performed and what actions subscribers took.
Sharing your data with 3rd parties
Personal as well as non-personal data collected by us is considered confidential and will never be sold or leased to third parties, besides the exceptions mentioned below:
- When companies perform services on our behalf, i.e. online payments, conference registration system, email marketing platform, website analytics.
- If we are quired by public authorities or other organisation in order to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, in accordance with Union or Member State law.
We have checked that our 3rd party solution providers adhere to GDPR guidelines on data processing and storage:
We will not share or sell your personal data to any other 3rd party for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do so.
Changes to this statement
From time to time, we may review this privacy statement. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are informed of any changes.
Last updated: 4 June, 2018.