Call for Papers is currently CLOSED!
We are running our Call for Papers process for 2 months and we are usually closing it about 4 months before the event. If you are interested in speaking at one of our future events, follow us on twitter, where we announce the opening of the CFP process each year.
✍ What we are looking for
JSHeroes is a single track 2-day conference dedicated to the JS and Web ecosystems. We are looking for a multitude of topics and perspectives, but most of all we value:
- Original topics, presented for the first time.
- Practical ideas that attendees can apply at work the next day.
- Trends and hot topics which are relevant in 2020 and beyond.
- Fresh perspectives on the JS ecosystem.
- The human side of software engineering.
📈 How the selection will happen
We received 299 proposals for JSHeroes 2020. With this in mind, we created a team of world wide subject matter experts that will go through the proposals and will decide what to include on the final agenda. This is a rough estimation of our schedule and process:
- All the proposals are to be received until December 20th.
- Each member of the commitee will go through the anonymized proposals and will create their own shortlist.
- Based on the recurrence of a proposal on multiple shortlists we will proceed to place it on the accepted list.
- The debate and selection process for the remaining proposals will end in January.
- All the speakers will get a response, positive or negative, at the the beginning of February.
🏆 The perks we offer
If your proposal gets selected and you accept to join JSHeroes 2020 as a speaker, we will make sure you have the best possible experience for your entire stay in Cluj. Here are some of the benefits we offer to speakers:
- Full payment for your travel to and from the event
- A speaker fee of 500 EUR, as a token of appreciation for your effort
- 4 nights at a 5 star hotel, right on top of the venue
- Free entrance at the conference and at any workshop on Day 0
- Extra ticket + double room, in case somebody is joining you
- Hiking trip with the team on Saturday
- Speaker dinners and other activities around the event
✋ Help and support along the way
We are committed to fulfilling our mission as an open source event. We are all community people and we want to be as close to you as possible. We will try to be supportive and helpful and we will do our best to get back to you with valuable feedback from the CFP process. In case you wish to talk with someone from the team, do not hesitate to write an email at email@example.com. Good luck!